- An adult or young adult may borrow up to 30 items.
- A child may borrow up to 20 items
- The combination of types of items is up to the borrower. However, there is a limit of 6 DVDs and one museum pass per card.
Loan Periods & Renewals
Items with a 3-week loan period
- Books, Audiobooks, Magazines, DVDs/Blu-Rays, Video Games*
There is a limit of 6 DVDs, 3 Video Games and 1 museum pass per card
*Some exceptions may apply
Items with a 1 week loan period
- Board games, museum passes and sports equipment (available at the Bourget branch)
Various loan times
- Ebooks and Interlibrary Loans
Library material can be renewed up to 3 times unless there is a hold on the item. If a hold exists you will need to return the item on or before the due date so it can be lent to the next person. If you wish, a reserve can be put on the item and you will be contacted once it becomes available.
Items can be renewed:
In-person: at the Rockland or Bourget branch
By phone: 613-446-5680 (Rockland) or 613-487-9488 (Bourget)
Note – museum passes can’t be reserved or renewed. You may call us at any time to verify if a pass is available for you that day.
- You may call us to renew an item, please provide us with either your name or your library card number.
- You may renew an item online by clicking here: Catalogue – sign in with your card number and password.
- You may also renew an item when you are at the Library, you do not need to have the item with you.
- If the item has reached the maximum number of renewals, you will not be able to renew the item online. We ask that you return it to the Library so that others may enjoy it.
- If an item has a hold on it for another client, it cannot be renewed in the Library or online. If you wish to have the copy again, we will be happy to place your name on the item’s waiting list.
Fines & Fees
Please note: that your late items will no longer be collecting any fees. However, it is appreciated that you return your loans as soon as you are done with them to benefit a greater number of users.
Membership for non-residents
- $40.00 per year for adults
- $5.00 per year for children (with one adult card)
- $15.00 for a temporary 3-month membership
Membership card replacement: $5
Lost or irreparable items: Cost of the item
Lost or damaged cases for DVDs and CDs: $2 per case
Purchasing of a 9X12 envelope: $ 0.50 per envelope
Printing and Photocopying
- $0.25 per page in black and white
- $0.50 per page in colour
Scanning a document from the printer to the public computer is free of charge.