The Library will accept gifts of print and non-print materials which can be integrated into the existing collection and which fit within the criteria defined in the Collection Development policy.
The Library reserves the right to dispose of gifts not added to its collection. The Library does not evaluate materials for tax receipt purposes. Classification, shelving, access and location will be determined by the Library.
The Library accepts donations at all branches. Donations must be in excellent condition. The Library may accept:
- Books that have been published in the last four years, and are in excellent condition;
- Recent bestsellers;
- Classics that are in excellent condition;
- Foreign language books;
- Local history titles;
- and DVDs.
The Library will not accept the following items:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books;
- Dated information (old travel guides, medical and science books);
- Materials in poor condition (torn, musty smelling, yellow pages);
- Old magazines, VHS and cassette tapes.
The donation of a large number of books must be coordinated with the CEO ahead of time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Library will not pick up any book donations.