Welcome back to the Clarence-Rockland Public Library! Our spaces and services will look a little different as changes have been made to keep you and our employees safe. At this time, we are not able to welcome you back to in-person programs but our successful virtual programs are in full swing! Make your way to the “Programs” tab to see everything that is currently being offered for adults, teens and children.
Hours at the Rockland branch have changed temporarily, please note there is now a one-hour period where the branch must close to accommodate employee breaks.
|MON. WED. FRI||10 AM to 12 PM & 1 PM to 5 PM|
|TUES. AND THURS.||1 PM to 3 PM & 4 PM to 8 PM|
|SAT.||10 AM to 1 PM|
Hours at the Bourget branch remain the same and are:
|MONDAY||3 PM to 8 PM|
|TUESDAY||9 AM to 12 PM|
|WED. & THURS.||5 PM to 8 PM|
What has changed?
- As the YMCA is still closed to the public, clients will only be able to access the Rockland branch from the front doors off du Parc Ave.
- Please note there is no accessible parking available at this time at the Rockland branch. For those needing assistance, we ask that you call ahead and an employee will bring your items to your vehicle.
- Everyone entering the Clarence-Rockland Public Library must wear a mask or face covering (as per the EOHU’s Public Health Directive on mandatory masks), sanitize their hands as well as social distance 6 feet/2 metres from others once they are inside the branches. Hand sanitizer will be made available to our clients.
- Plexiglass and floor markings have been installed at and around the Client Services Desk, please respect these as they protect both you and the employee that is checking out your items.
- Library spaces have changed to meet new requirements set out by Public Health, you will notice there are fewer public computers available at the Rockland branch, we have taken most of the soft seating out of the main space and tables will only have one chair at them for individual study. Please respect this by not adding any chairs to a table or moving any of the furniture around.
- Food and drink are currently not allowed in our branches, as it would require our clients to remove their masks.
- Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside. There’s no limit to the amount of time you can spend at the branch, but as a courtesy to others, please don’t stay longer than you need.
Browsing, borrowing and returning items.
- Clients are asked to limit their visit to browsing the collections, picking up holds and using the public computers for a limited time period.
- Because there is a limit of 50 people inside the Rockland branch and 20 people in the Bourget branch at one time, we ask that you not gather or socialize while in the branches.
- All collections are available for you to browse and the limit of Library items that can be borrowed has not changed. Late fees will be waived until December 31st
- Please deposit books you’ve handled for a length of time, but have decided not to borrow, on one of the carts available for this purpose.
- When checking out items, you may either put the card up to the plexiglass for the employee to scan or verbally give your card number.
- Slide your Library items through the plexiglass opening to the employee who will scan them, print or email you a receipt then slide them back to you. The employee’s hands as well as the desk will be sanitized between each client.
- Returning items must be done at the designated external drop boxes. Employees will not be handling any returns at the Client Services Desk. The Rockland branch will have the addition of a portable drop box at the entrance during open hours.
- When items are returned, they are wiped down with a disinfectant, quarantined for a period of time and then checked back into our system. Therefore, items will remain on your account for at least 3-5 days before we are able to process your return.
Prior to visiting the Library:
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home and do not visit the Library.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 613-446-5680 ext. “0” or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
We look forward to seeing you again in person!