About the Program
The TD Summer Reading Club is Canada’s biggest, bilingual summer reading program for kids of all ages, interests and abilities. TDSRC celebrates Canadian authors, illustrators and stories, and inspires kids to explore the fun of reading their way. This is key to building a lifelong love of reading.
The Clarence-Rockland Public Library is a big part of the community and we are proud to offer many diverse programs and events for all. We encourage you to visit the Library’s website to discover why the CRPL is your community destination to learn, discover, imagine and play.
We are seeking a student to run our TD Summer Reading Club, along with the TDSRC Online Specialist, from May 10th to August 27th, 2021, 35h/week, starting at $16/hour.
Under the supervision of the CEO, the candidate will
- Develop, promote and run the TD Summer Reading Club for children aged 6 to 12
- Create and implement fun and interesting activities to keep participants engaged
- Prepare activity packages to be picked up by Club participants
- Research and present library books that will encourage participants to keep reading
- Collaborate with the TDSRC Online Specialist, as needed, to offer the program online
- Potential for occasional in-person programming depending on COVID-19 restrictions
- Track Club participation and statistics using Google Drive and Excel spreadsheets
- Work occasional evenings and weekends
To qualify, the individual MUST:
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary institution, including in fall 2021
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
- Be proficient in using computers, Internet navigation, common office software and social media
- Be flexible and effective working with others in a team environment
- Demonstrate creativity, punctuality, responsibility and excellent organizational skills
- Have the ability to communicate verbally and online with children and their parents
- Hold a valid driver’s licence in Ontario and have access to a vehicle
Experience in social, cultural and/or an educational environment would be an asset.
Please send your application to Catherina Rouse at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2021.