Service Representative – Clerical – Circulation Desk BP-5
This position reports to the Manager of Client Services.
- Performs all duties associated with the Circulation counter: greeting clients, checking in and out of material, enrolling new membership, and efficiently resolving matters related to fines due to late and/or damaged materiel as well as other patron issues;
- Instructs patrons in the use of the Library, including the use of the online public access catalogue (OPAC) and the internet;
Answers directional and simple reference questions (i.e., ‘’Do you have the latest…’’) and refers more complex questions to the reference staff or the Head Librarian;
- Receives readers’ suggestions as well as forwards their own on matters of new acquisitions and services;
- Supervises the pages and students shelving;
- Regularly performs a shelf reading and co-ordinates pages and students in the same task;
- Prepares and repairs material for the collection as well as manages the supplies required;
- Maintains a neat appearance of the public area and of their work area.
- Opens and closes the branch;
- Will be required to work on Saturdays;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO;
- May be called occasionally to work at another branch;
- May be asked to do extra hours;
- May be requested to supervise volunteers;
- May be requested to attend staff meetings, SOLS workshops and other training opportunities.
- High School Diploma or currently working towards one;
- Flawless communication skills in both languages;
- Excellent public service and customer relation skills;
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- As part of team, ability and willingness to respond flexibly to assignments and changing tasks;
- Proficiency with computers knowledge of Microsoft Office and social online resources;
- A valid Ontario Class ‘’G’’ driver’s license and use of an automobile could be an asset.
Please apply by November 2nd