The Clarence-Rockland Public Library is seeking a:
Service Representative – Clerical – Circulation Desk BP-5
Part-time, unionized position (weekdays, evenings and weekends).
BP-5 salary scale $15.44 to $16.91.
This position reports to the Manager of Client Services.
- Performs all duties associated with the Circulation counter: greeting clients, checking in and out of material, enrolling new membership, and efficiently resolving matters related to fines due to late and/or damaged material as well as other patron issues;
- Instructs patrons in the use of the Library, including the use of the online public access catalogue (OPAC) and the internet;
- Answers directional and simple reference questions (i.e., ‘’Do you have the latest…’’) and refers more complex questions to the reference staff or the CEO;
- Receives readers’ suggestions as well as forwards their own on matters of new acquisitions and services;
- Supervises the pages and students shelving;
- Regularly performs a shelf reading and co-ordinates pages and students in the same task;
- Prepares and repairs material for the collection as well as manages the supplies required;
- Maintains a neat appearance of the public area and of their work area.
- Opens and closes the branch;
- Will be required to work on Saturdays;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Circulation;
- May be called occasionally to work at another branch;
- May be asked to do extra hours;
- May be requested to supervise volunteers;
- May be requested to attend staff meetings, SOLS workshops and other training opportunities.
- High School Diploma;
- Excellent communication skills in both languages;
- Excellent public service and customer relation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- As part of team, ability and willingness to respond flexibility in assignment and changing tasks;
- Proficiency with computers knowledge of Microsoft Office and social online resources;
- A valid Ontario Class ‘’G’’ driver’s license and use of an automobile could be an asset.
Please submit your letter of application and résumé by April 27, 2018 to:
CEO, Clarence-Rockland Public Library
2-1525 Du Parc Avenue
Rockland, ON K4K 1C3