In order to provide you with a better library experience, we are currently in the process of changing our integrated library system (ILS). Our new system is scheduled to go live on Thursday, January 25th, 2018.
We have put great efforts into preparing for the new system, with the aim of providing you with more efficient and accurate service.
Library staff have been working diligently to learn the new system, but as with any change of this magnitude, there will likely be growing pains as they familiarize themselves with using the system in real time. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the coming weeks.
What you can expect between Monday, January 22nd, and Thursday, January 25th:
- Branches will remain open (except for the Saint-Pascal-Baylon branch, which will be closed on Tuesday, January 23rd.)
- During this time, you will only be able to borrow library material with your physical library card. There will be no exceptions.
- Interlibrary loans will be unavailable.
- You will not be able to put any library material on hold.
- If you have fines on your card, you will not be able to pay them at this time.
- Access to your online account will be unavailable until January 26th.
- Email reminders and notices will not be sent until the new system is functioning.
- If you currently have library material due on January 22, 23 or 24 – the new due date is January 25th, 2018
Some changes you will see once the new system is up and running:
- There will be a new look to our online catalog
- Catalogue searches will be streamlined
- You will be able to access your library account through the mobile app “Bookmyne” (available for free at the App Store or Google Play)
We realize there may be some growing pains over the next couple of months and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured we are confident that you will appreciate our new
system, as we are making this change with you in mind. Thank you for your patience and understanding.