Enjoy a unique and exclusive soirée in Rockland! On Saturday, Oct 5, 2019, at 7 PM the Library will host its second annual Once Upon a Time Gala, a fundraising event that is now a must in the Clarence-Rockland community. This year’s Gala promises to be another memorable evening including:
- A strolling magician between 7 and 8 PM which will wow you with his up close illusions;
- An illusionist’s show starting at 8 PM provided by Kayser Magic;
- A silent auction with many great items and certificates to bid on;
- Wine tasting by Vignoble Clos du Vully;
- Beer tasting by Tuque de Broue Brewery Inc.;
- Elegant hors-d’œuvres and desserts by La Cuisine Gimy;
- Cash bar throughout the eveining;
- Enjoyable ambiance and dance music provided by DJ Marty.
The Library has worked diligently to become a true pillar of the Clarence-Rockland community. For 80 years, we have offered high quality programs, services and reading materials, always with the greatest concern for accessibility. Indeed, let us reflect that the Library is the last free public place that allows everyone access to a vast array of human and material resources, including the Internet. This allows people both young and old, to imagine, explore and be inspired, as our motto indicates. We firmly believe that our institution contributes to the enrichment of the social, educational and democratic life of the Clarence-Rockland community. This year’s Once Upon a Time Gala will be even more special due to the fact that the Clarence-Rockland Public Library is celebrating its 80th anniversary. That’s 80 years of service to this wonderful community, which is definitely something to celebrate!
Tickets are $50 per person and are available for purchase starting in July at both the Rockland and Bourget branches. For more information or to make a donation please contact the CRPL at 613-446-5680 ext 0 or email email@example.com.